This invitation only gathering will take place at the fabulous new Westminster home of UnHerd. Join us for drinks at the pay bar from 7pm.
What: Living Freedom Xmas Balloon Debate
When: Thursday 15 December 2022, 7:00pm
Where: UnHerd, 6 Old Queen Street, Westminster, London,SW1H 9HP
Entry strictly by RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the greatest representation of freedom in culture?
A panel of six valiant freedom lovers will seek to convince you of their choice, selected from cultural worlds, whether art or the classics, comedy or film, literature or music.
Each contestant will have just three minutes to present their case, followed by a round of questions from the audience. Then there is a vote, and the top three will be given an additional one minute to convince you to back their choice.
Which cultural representation of freedom – and its defender – deserves to stay in the balloon? You decide!
Our brilliant panel comprises:
- Charlie Bentley-Astor freelance writer; theatre director; English undergraduate. Charlie is defending the Supermarine Spitfire.
- Nick Dixon comedian; presenter, GB News; host, The Weekly Sceptic; co-host, The Podcast of the Lotus Eaters. Nick is defending Brass Eye.
- Ralph Leonard writer and commentator; contributor, Areo, author, Letter on Liberty: Unshackling Intimacy. Ralph is defending Vasily Grossman’s Life and Fate.
- Rob Lownie editorial trainee, UnHerd; founding member, Free Speech Champions; contributor, Free Speech: defending the fundamental liberal value. Rob is defending Team America: World Police.
- Dr Maren Thom lecturer; writer; acting and vocal trainer; contributor, The Conformist Rebellion. Maren is defending Stanley Kubrick’s Spartacus
- Emma Webb director, Common Sense Society, UK branch; host, Newspeak; commentator; writer; co-founder, Save Our Statues. Emma is defending the cross
Host: Alastair Donald convenor, Living Freedom
Entry is free, but space is limited. So get your invitation now by replying to this email or emailing Alastair: email@example.com